Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Weekly New Music Post starts tomorrow!

Sunday's show marked the sixth month anniversary of my Lost in the Tracks radio show. As I've gone along, I've developed a template for the show which makes it easier to fill with songs rather than starting off with a blank slate each week.

One of those was the second set. On show #1, I put all new songs there, half of them recent releases (meaning, within the last few weeks). It wasn't a hard and fast rule at the beginning, but as time has passed, it became one and now they're almost always songs from new releases.

I've taken it up as a challenge. I keep up with what's being released each week and find the best of it to play in that block. I have to admit it's very time consuming because I want to have songs I like and, to figure that out, I usually need to hear them several times.

But it's ok, because so far I'm enjoying it. I'm learning there's an overwhelming quantity of quality music being made right now with countless bands and musicians I hadn't heard before. I think it also gives my show freshness and unpredictability. I never know what this part of the show is going to sound like two weeks ahead of time - sometimes it's very loud and rock-orientated, sometimes it's quiet and folky, sometimes there's a lot of pop.

So ... I was thinking . . . since I'm doing all this work anyway - why don't I put these new discoveries I find each week on the blog? The Music Savage website does it every week, which I find incredibly useful; perhaps someone will eventually find mine useful as well. (Disclosure: Besides giving me the idea, I also borrowed the basic format Music Savage uses and will be giving them a link and due credit each week as well.)

First post will be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment