Sunday, June 21, 2020

Show #148

Lost in the Tracks
Show #148

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
June 21, 2020
4 PM - 6 PM




Hour One

The Wild Reeds - Only Songs
Parker Millsap - Morning Blues
Randy Newman - Mama Told Me (Not to Come)

The Reflectors - Situation Critical
Dangereens - Hearse Driving Blonde
Melenas - 3 Segundos
Sarah Jarosz - Maggie
Grace Gillespie - Huh
John Prine - I Remember Everything

Arthur Alexander - A Shot of Rhythm and Blues
Derrick Anderson - Stop Messin' About
Gloria Jones - Tainted Love
Little Feat - Two Trains
Leon Bridges - That Was Yesterday
New York City - I'm Doin' Fine

Paul McCartney & Wings - Daytime Nightime Suffering
Billy Stoner - Separate Ways
Dixie Chicks - Lullaby


Hour Two

Husker Du - Makes No Sense At All
The Spongetones - A Part of Me Now
He's My Brother She's My Sister - Let's Go
The Band - When You Awake
Aretha Franklin - The Weight
Murder By Death - I Came Around

Metric - Synthetica
X - Water & Wine
Nicole Atkins - Captain
Craig Finn - God in Chicago
Family of the Year - Hero
Avett Brothers - C Sections and Railway Trestles

Webb Pierce - There Stands the Glass
Kitty Wells - Making Believe
The Stanley Brothers - Orange Blossom Special
Hank Thompson & His Brazos Valley Boys - The New Green Light
Hank Snow - I Don't Hurt Anymore
Porter Wagoner - A Satisfied Mind


Show Notes

Grace Gillespie's "Huh" was a recent Music Savage Song of the Week pick and played on the radio show's June 12th episode which is where I also discovered the He's My Brother She's My Sister song.

I heard the Dangereens and Melenas songs on a recent show of The Ledge.

To find songs my dad might enjoy on the closing classic country set, I dug into the Essential Recordings of 1953, 1954 and 1955 of Steve Crawford's Country Music History series.

No comments:

Post a Comment