Sunday, January 3, 2021

Show #175

Lost in the Tracks
Show #175

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
January 3, 2021
4 PM - 6 PM




Hour One

The Monkees - For Pete's Sake
The O'Jays - Love Train
Nada Surf - Always Love

Corb Lund - 90 Seconds of Your Time
Radio Days - I Got a Love
Blu DeTiger - Figure It Out
Sault - Free
Rosie Carney - Bones
Bruce Springsteen - Ghosts

Rolling Stones - Come On
The Troggs - Jaguar and Thunderbird
The Crystals - Uptown
The Cars - My Best Friend's Girl
Ratboys - Look To
The Rails - Low Expectations

Fiona Apple - Paper Bag
Los Lobos - Down on the Riverbed


Hour Two

U2 - Out of Control
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Head On
Sunflower Bean - Twentytwo
Greg Graffin - Making Time
Steve Miller Band - Winter Time
Max Gomez - Make It Me

Superchunk - Me & You & Jackie Mittoo
The Shang Hi Los - Sway Little Player
Loose Tooth - Keep On
boygenius - Bite the Hand
The Secret Sisters - Kathy's Song

Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - Little By Little
Malo - Suavecito
Patsy Cline - I Fall to Pieces
The Stanley Brothers - If I Lose
Tony Rice - Church Street Blues


Show Notes

The information about the early Rolling Stones in my introduction to "Come On" came from a recent episode of the A History of Rock Music in Five Hundred Songs podcast.


I took another listen to Corb Lund at the recommendation of Steve Crawford. I discovered the Radio Days song from the Faster and Louder blog. I heard both the Rosie Carney and Loose Tooth songs on The Music Savage Show. The Troggs cover of Chuck Berry's "Jaguar and Thunderbird" came from The Captain Maniac Show.

I almost put "Ghosts" in a show soon after it was first released back in October, I believe, but ended up switching it out for something else. I thought it was a good, but not great, song. Then I saw Bruce and the E Street Band's performance on Saturday Night Live and, as ragged and rusty as the performance was, there was something very moving in the effort. It totally turned me around on the song. Don't be surprised if you see it on a future My Favorite Songs of 2020 show, should I decide to revisit it sometime in the future.







No comments:

Post a Comment