Sunday, February 21, 2021

Show #182

Lost in the Tracks
Show #182

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
February 21, 2021
4 PM - 6 PM




Hour One

Nicole Atkins - Listen Up
JD McPherson - Head Over Heels
Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry

Juliana Hatfield - Mouthful of Blood
The Tin Cans - You Drag Me Down
Henry Alms - Feels Like Home
Frances Forever - Space Girl (featuring Chloe Moriondo)
Jessie Ware - Remember Where You Are
The Staves - Nothing's Gonna Happen

The Band - Stage Fright
The Ronettes - Walking In the Rain
George Harrison - Awaiting On You All
The Alarm - Deeside
Til Tuesday - Coming Up Close
The Kooks - She Moves In Her Own Ways

Kelsey Kerrigan - Driving Around
The Avett Brothers - Laundry Room


Hour Two

Something Happens - Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello (Petrol)
The Regrettes - Back in Your Head
Camera Obscura - The Sweetest Thing
The White Stripes - Fell In Love With a Girl
The Electric Prunes - I Had Too Much to Dream (Last Night)
Toadies - I Come From the Water

The Explorers Club - One Drop of Rain
The Weeklings - In the Moment
The Quebe Sisters - Summer of Roses
Michael Kiwanuka - Rolling

Lori McKenna - People Get Old
Tom Jones - Tower of Song
Joshua Hedley - Mr. Jukebox
Frank Sinatra - It Was a Very Good Year
Billie Holiday - I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm
Pink Floyd - Fearless


Show Notes

Elizabeth Nelson wrote a fine review of the new 50th anniversary edition of The Band's Stage Fright for Pitchfork. In an early draft, I actually quoted from it before I introduced "Stage Fright." Alas, I kept stumbling over the word "palpable."

Juliana Hatfield's new song was a recent Hot Take on the Music Savage blog. I heard The Tin Cans on The Ledge. DJCalc played Henry Alm's song on one of his recent shows. "Space Girl" is in high rotation at The Current.

Iman Lababedi gave the Jessie Ware single a high grade, so I gave it a chance because of that. I have since learned that it was also one of Barack Obama's Top Songs of 2020. That makes five of his picks that I've played on the show. I'm also familiar with two more that I like and should probably play some day. Does that mean I should check out the ones I don't know?

No comments:

Post a Comment