Sunday, August 1, 2021

Show #205

Lost in the Tracks
Show #205

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
August 1, 2021
4 PM - 6 PM





Hour One

Elvis Costello - Radio, Radio
Sleater-Kinney - Worry With You
J.J. Cale - Call Me the Breeze

Lunar Vacation - Shrug
UV-TV - Distant Lullaby
Gary Louris - Almost Home
Alabama Shakes - Hold On
Ravagers - Down That Road
Bonny Light Horseman - Deep In Love

The Beach Boys - When I Grow Up (To Be a Man)
Big Star - Thirteen
Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
Stevie Wonder - Big Brother
Uncle Tupelo - Graveyard Shift
Shelby Lynne - She Knows Where She Goes

Randy & The Rainbows - Denise
Alela Diane - I Thought I Knew
Jackson C. Frank - You Never Wanted Me

Hour Two

Supergrass - Caught by the Fuzz
Martha and the Muffins - Echo Beach
ZZ Top - Francine
The McCoys - Sorrow
Green On Red - You Couldn't Get Arrested
The Lemon Twigs - Tailor Made

Ingrid Michaelson - The Way I Am
Jain - Come
Starbelly - Yes, I Love Her Again
Annie Taylor - A Thousand Times
Lightning Bug - The Right Thing Is Hard To Do
Tim Easton - Real Revolution

The Ronettes - Be My Baby
Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
The Drifters & Ben E. King - This Magic Moment
Roy Orbison - Blue Bayou
Duane Eddy - Rebel Rouser
Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run


Show Notes

Steve Crawford picked "Born to Run" as #1 on his list of The 1,001 Greatest Songs of the 20th Century.

This week's dumb error: I said "Born to Run" earned the #1 spot on Steve's greatest songs of the 21st century list.

The Starbelly song got added to my library after reading this Marc Fagel review and I gave Gary Louris and UV-TV songs a listen because he had them on his best of 2021 Spotify playlist. "The Right Thing Is Hard to Do" caught my ear after DJ Calc played it on his show and I was on the fence with "Echo Beach" until hearing it on his show finally pushed it over the edge. Finally, I gave the Green on Red song a listen after Elizabeth Nelson tweeted about it.


2 comments:

  1. Almost done with hour one. The second and third sets are killers. Love UV-TV glad to hear them. I need to check out Bonny Light Horseman dazed on this terrific track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Thanks! I guess I'll need to check out UV-TV. I wasn't familiar with them until I heard the song Marc Fagel included on his Best of 2021 playlist.

      Delete