Friday, January 14, 2022

Show #224

Lost in the Tracks
Show #224

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
January 14, 2022
9 PM - 11 PM




Hour One

Bash & Pop - Bad News
The Beatles - Wait
Flamin' Groovies - Yes It's True

Wet Leg - Chaise Longue
Neal Francis - Can't Stop The Rain
Ducks Ltd. - 18 Cigarettes
Anna Fox Rochinski - Epilogue / Overture
Heartless Bastards - You Never Know
Vincent Neil Emerson - Learnin' to Drown

Yazoo - Only You
Tami Neilson - Stay Outta My Business
Little Feat - Spanish Moon (Live)
Fleetwood Mac - Say You Love Me
Ben Folds Five - Brick
Vampire Weekend - Step

The Ronettes - Baby, I Love You


Hour Two

Bruce Springsteen - The Ties That Bind
Ratboys - Look To
Elton John - Where To Now St. Peter?
R.E.M. - Wall of Death
Richard Thompson - How Will I Ever Be Simple Again

Bachelor - Back Of My Hand
Jason Isbell - All I Do Is Drive
Joan Shelley - The Fading
Jonathan Wilson - In Heaven Making Love

Ray Charles - What'd I Say
Carla Thomas - B-A-B-Y
The Youngbloods - All Over the World (La-La)
Pentangle - Cold Mountain
D’Angelo and The Vanguard - Sugah Daddy
Josh Ritter - Homecoming


Show Notes

Most of this week's New Music set came from recent Best of 2021 shows I've heard.

"Chaise Longue" was Loki's #1 song of 2021. He doesn't post his shows on Mixcloud but you can hear his show on Wednesday evenings from 6 to 8 PM on KTAL-LP.

DJ Calc played both "18 Cigarettes" and "Back of My Hand" on his 2021 recap show.

"Epilogue / Overture" appeared on Meg and Chandra's End-of-the-Year-Best-of-2021 edition of No Small Talk.

I heard "You Never Know" on the Music Savage Show's last show of 2021 when RyanD played his favorites of the year.

I was inspired to add the Little Feat song after reading Elizabeth Nelson's profile of Lowell George.


No comments:

Post a Comment