Show #277
Broadcast on KTAL-LP
March 31, 2024
4 PM - 5 PM
First Aid Kit - America
John Hiatt - Memphis In the Meantime
The Nat "King" Cole Trio - (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66
Rich Mattson and the Northstars - Apex
The Long Ryders - I Had a Dream
Badfinger - No Matter What
Sunflower Bean - Twentytwo
Phoebe Bridgers - Kyoto (Copycat Killer Version) [feat. Rob Moose]
The Students - I'm So Young
Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
The Jam - Ghosts
Sierra Ferrell - Dollar Bill Bar
Zephaniah OHora - We Planned to Have It All
Lucinda Williams - Right In Time
Violent Femmes - Blister In The Sun
Conor Oberst & Gillian Welch - Lua
Hi, Dean. I've fallen a little more behind here as the school year winds down, but still listening obviously. The Soderberg sisters always nail their covers, don't they? I could listen to them harmonize forever. Really nice mix of the familiar and unfamiliar to me.
ReplyDeleteThanks Justin. No problem. I know how busy the end of the year can be for teachers. You don't have much time (or energy) for your hobbies until it's over.
DeleteAs you can tell, I do try to have a mix of songs and performers people will be familiar with and also include some most will not (especially newer performers). There's probably no perfect balance that's going to satisfy everyone, but I try to get one I would like as a listener. Glad I hit that spot for you. 😊
I love a First Aid Kit song that has a melody that can highlight those harmonies. Nothing better.