Sunday, March 17, 2024

Show #275

Lost in the Tracks
Show #275

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
March 17, 2024
4 PM - 5 PM


Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Lipstick Vogue
Love - 7 and 7 Is
The Chelsea Curve - Top It Up

Old 97's - Where The Road Goes
Rhiannon Giddens - The Ballad of Sally Anne
World Party - Way Down Now
Yola - Faraway Look
Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Die Toten Hosen - Slow Down
Rockpile - Sweet Little Lisa (Live)
Aimee Mann - Rollercoasters

Raspberries - Ecstasy
Material Issue - Funny Feeling
Mary Lou Lord - I Figured You Out
The Wild Feathers - Big Sky
Cloud Cult - You Were Born
Tamar Berk - i was saved by the beauty in the world


Show Notes



I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit I didn't know what "Where the Road Goes" was about until I read Rhett Miller's explanation.

I was inspired to add "Funny Feeling" after reading Justin Steiner write about the album it came from.

"I Figured You Out" was #556 on Marc Fagel's list of his 1000 favorite songs. "Way Down Now" was #192.

I discovered the Tamar Berk song from Jim Doherty.




3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy spending these time-shifted hours with you, Dean. Really liked The Wild Feather's song, which I hadn't heard before. "Rollercoasters" took me back to seeing Aimee Man a couple months ago - what a wonderful show. So happy I inspired you to play a song on the show and appreciate the shout-out here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked "Big Sky." Great harmonies on that one.

      Oh wow, I didn't realize Aimee Mann was touring. I guess it's over now, but I'd like to see her someday. I checked out her setlists and was pleased to see that she regularly plays "Rollercoasters."

      You're entirely welcome. You always include a few that weren't on my radar. Which reminds me - I have to start looking into the albums you mentioned on your last post.

      Thanks for being a loyal listener and commenter.

      Delete
    2. Hope you find something to like in that list.

      Delete