Sunday, May 9, 2021

Show #193

Lost in the Tracks
Show #193

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
May 9, 2021
4 PM - 6 PM





Hour One

Les Paul & Mary Ford - How High the Moon
Charley Crockett - I Can Help
Little Feat - Roll Um Easy

Paul Weller - Shades Of Blue
Anna Fox Rochinski - Cherry
Anne Freeman - City Watched Me Burn
Reigning Sound - Oh Christine
Jeff Symonds - Can't Believe
Mimi Naja - Coin In My Pocket

Dave Edmunds - Get Out of Denver
Vandoliers - Rolling Out
The Velvelettes - He Was Really Sayin' Somethin'
Joan Armatrading - Somebody Who Loves You
Blitzen Trapper - Furr
The Springfields - Sunflower

Caroline Spence - Song About a City
Billy Joel - Rosalinda's Eyes


Hour Two

Robert Johnson - Cross Road Blues
Rolling Stones - Love in Vain
Bonnie Raitt - Walking Blues
The Who - My Generation
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Fake Friends
The Helio Sequence - Stoic Resemblance

Superorganism - Everybody Wants to Be Famous
Alvvays - Lollipop (Ode to Jim)
Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open
Z Berg - I Fall for the Same Face Every Time
Frightened Rabbit - Swim Until You Can't See Land

Ruth Brown - Mama, He Treats Your Daughter Mean
Merle Haggard - Mama Tried
Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not to Come)
Damien Jurado - Ohio
Neneh Cherry - Inna City Mama


Show Notes

Joan Armatrading's self titled second album was recently the subject of a recent Sunday Review on Pitchfork by Jenn Pelly which led me to include "Somebody Who Loves You."

I discovered the Jeff Symonds song from a DJ Calc show on Mixcloud. Which led me to an excellent podcast Jeff is involved in, 50 Years of Music w/ 50 Year Old White Guys, which led to "Roll Um Easy" being picked for this show after it was picked by one of the guys on the 1973 episode. (I also played it on the show previously.) 

Anne Freeman was brought to my attention from being on Charles E. Sullivan II's Spotify playlist for May. "Lollipop (Ode of Jim)" is a favorite song of Marc Fagel. Brian Oake played "Ohio" on a recent episode of his podcast. I checked out "Oh Christine" after Iman Lababedi recommended it. I picked up on Mimi Naja after The Tater played her on Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down about a month back.

No comments:

Post a Comment