Sunday, June 20, 2021

Show #199

Lost in the Tracks
Show #199

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
June 20, 2021
4 PM - 6 PM





Hour One

Joni Mitchell - All I Want
George Ezra - Barcelona
The Jam - Town Called Malice

Emily Davis and the Murder Police - Don't Make a Promise
Lorde - Solar Power
The Blips - Inside Out
Pony Hunt - Who Are You
The Bones of J.R. Jones - Stay Wild
Rose City Band - Ramblin' With the Day

Count Five - Psychotic Reaction
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - No Action
Palmyra Delran And The Doppel Gang - Lucky in Love
Jeremy Messersmith - Knots
U2 - Desire
Sarah Jarosz - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Patti Smith Group - Dancing Barefoot
We Five - You Were On My Mind

Hour Two

David Newton & Thee Mighty Angels - My First Band
Chuck Berry - Rock and Roll Music
Alice Cooper - Under My Wheels
Dressy Bessy - Lookaround
Mudcrutch - Bootleg Flyer
Anne Freeman - City Watched Me Burn

The Chelsea Curve - Girl Cavedog
Dinosaur Jr. - I Ran Away
Yola - Diamond Studded Shoes
Nana Adjoa - No Room
Chelsea Williams - Beautiful and Strange

Everclear - Father of Mine
John Hiatt - Your Dad Did
John Prine - Unwed Fathers
Gregory Porter - Dad Gone Thing
Loudon Wainwright III - The Days That We Die


Show Notes

"Rock & Roll Music" was Steve Crawford's #165 pick of The 1,001 Greatest Songs of the 20th Century. The series is in its final 100 songs so it'll be well worth checking out the rock nyc website as it wraps up. I believe they're being published on Wednesdays and Sundays now.

I discovered the Emily Davis song on a recent Music Savage show even though Emily is from El Paso, I live up an hour up I-10 in Las Cruces and Music Savage show comes out of ... Massachusetts. 

I heard "My First Band" for the first time on one of DJCalc's show from a few weeks back.

"Father of Mine" was Ben's pick for 1997 and "Town Called Malice" was Jeff's pick for 1982 on the 50 Years of Music with 50 Year White Guys podcast. I used Ben's comments to help inform my introduction on the show.

Charles E. Sullivan included "Stay Wild" in his Best Of 2021 (So Far) playlsit.

I checked out Dressy Bessy's debut album after reading this Marc Fagel review of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment