Show #279
Broadcast on KTAL-LP
April 14, 2024
4 PM - 5 PM
Laura Veirs - Sun Song
Blitzen Trapper - All Across This Land
Taj Mahal - Take a Giant Step
Bottlecap Mountain - I've Got Loving For You
Bnny - Time Walk
The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
Squeeze - Pulling Mussels (From the Shell)
The Yardbirds - Shapes of Things
Baby Shakes - All the Pretty Things
Harry Nilsson - One
Christopher Paul Stelling - How I Lost Her
Clarence "Frogman" Henry - (I Don't Know Why ) But I Do
The Strypes - Rollin' and Tumblin'
Loretta Lynn - Have Mercy on Me
The Romantics - She's Got Everything
Blondie - Union City Blue
Eddie Floyd - I've Never Found a Girl (To Love Me Like You Do)
The Weepies - Nobody Knows Me At All
Always did like "Sun Song" from Laura Veirs and was reminded while it was playing that I haven't listened to the really strong case/lang/veirs album from probably more years back than I think. I'm eagerly anticipating the new Bottlecap Mountain album, which is only 3 days away as I type this. Hadn't heard of Christopher Paul Stelling and enjoyed that song - where you recommended I start with him? Otherwise, it was your typical great mix, Dean.
ReplyDeleteYes, I saw that the Bottlecap Mountain album was released. Need to make time to listen to that one in the next few days. The Christopher Paul Stelling album I'm most familiar with is Best of Luck and I think it's very good and shows off his strengths well. "Lucky Stars" was one of my favorite songs of the year for 2020 and "Trouble Don't Follow Me" is one of his better uptempo tracks. You'll also hear his ability as a guitar player throughout the album. Thanks for commenting and I'm happy you enjoyed the show.
Delete