Sunday, April 21, 2024

Show #280

Lost in the Tracks
Show #280

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
April 21, 2024
4 PM - 5 PM


The Beths - Expert in a Dying Field
The Rembrandts - Me and Fate
Little Feat - Two Trains

Inhaler - Just To Keep You Satisfied
Drugdealer - Pictures of You (feat. Kate Bollinger)
Steely Dan - Bodhisattva
The Easybeats - Friday on My Mind
Rufus & Chaka Khan - Sweet Thing
Marvin Gaye - Hitch Hike
Nicki Bluhm - To Rise You Gotta Fall

Trampled By Turtles - Hollow
The Avett Brothers - Country Kid
Merry Clayton - Country Road
Indigo Girls - Second Time Around
Townes Van Zandt - I'll Be Here in the Morning
The Allman Brothers Band - Ain't Wastin' Time No More

2 comments:

  1. Really dug that Nicki Bluhm tune and boy, can Merry Clayton sing. You know, i always enjoy the Allman Brothers when I hear them, but have never listened to any of their albums. Love the guitar on "Bodhisattva" and anything from The Beths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the Nicki Bluhm song. That was the last song I picked for the show when I needed something to match how much time I had left to fill. I hadn't heard that one in awhile. It is good.

      Merry Clayton was clearly under-utilized and under-served as a singer because clearly she could deliver on just about anything.

      You just reminded me that I intended to listen to some more Allman Brothers after reading some of the appreciations of Dickey Betts' work when he died. I still need to do that.

      "Bodhisattva" and The Beths are both brilliant.

      Thanks again for listening and commenting.

      Delete