Sunday, April 28, 2024

Show #281

Lost in the Tracks
Show #281

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
April 28, 2024
4 PM - 5 PM


JD McPherson - Let the Good Times Roll
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Fake Friends
Neil Young - Rockin' In The Free World

Pokey LaFarge - Sister Andre
Olivia Rodrigo - girl i’ve always been
Look Blue Go Purple - Cactus Cat
The Beatles - Eight Days a Week
Abigail Lapell - Rattlesnake
Steve Miller Band - Rock 'N Me
Black Lips - New Direction
Ry Cooder - The Very Thing That Makes You Rich (Makes Me Poor)

Mavis Staples - You Are Not Alone
R.E.M. - Strange Currencies
The Replacements - Can't Hardly Wait
Gaby Moreno - Ain't That The Way It Goes?
Sturgill Simpson - A Little Light
Mott the Hoople - I Wish I Was Your Mother

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are liking The Bear. It's such a good show and the music is perfect. I've always felt "Strange Currencies" was underrated. You are not underrated by me, of course - just another great mix of music. Appreciate your thoughtfulness and ear, Dean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I put this episode together, I was very much a fan of The Bear, but then they took it to a whole new level at the end of season two. The Family episode with Jamie Lee Curtis and the one when Ritchie finds his purpose - those are up there in some of the best TV ever made. Can't wait for the new episodes in a couple of weeks.

      I've alway liked "Strange Currencies," it was in the top three songs on Monster.

      Thank you for the compliment. I appreciate you listening and the reactions you give are a welcome plus.

      Delete
    2. The episode with Marcus in Denmark too! I am very much looking forward to the new season, though it drops right when I'm going on vacation...

      Delete
    3. I remember liking that episode a lot too, but I couldn't remember much about it except it was much more of a low-key episode, especially compared to the frantic, high-stress ones. Might watch that one again.

      Delete