Sunday, May 19, 2024

Show #283

Lost in the Tracks
Show #283

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
May 19, 2024
4 PM - 5 PM


Love - Alone Again Or
Fleetwood Mac - Over My Head
The Band of Heathens - Deep Is Love

Frank Turner - Girl From The Record Shop
Slow Pulp - Hanging by a Moment
Patti Smith Group - Because the Night
Counting Crows - Einstein On the Beach (For an Eggman)
The Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes for You
Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
Miko Marks & The Resurrectors - Nine Pound Hammer
Daryl Hall & John Oates - Las Vegas Turnaround (The Stewardess Song)

Clint Black - A Better Man
Natalie Hemby - Cairo, IL
Carole King - Pleasant Valley Sunday
The Monkees - The Girl I Knew Somewhere
Buckwheat Zydeco - I'm Gonna Love You Anyway
Norah Jones - Visions
Vincent Neil Emerson - Learnin' to Drown

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Frank Turner! Always loved that Counting Crows tune. I don't think I've ever heard that Monkees tune - it was really good and perfect coming after "Pleasant Valley Sunday," of course. First discovered the Love tune on Under the Covers Vol. 1 from Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Frank Turner song is a lot of fun - one of the best songs of the year I think. "Einstein On the Beach" is on of my favorite Counting Crows songs. The Monkees song was originally a b-side and was a bit of a trial balloon - it was the first one where the actors/group members played most of the instruments of the song. "Alone Again Or" is super cool - such a great blend of styles.

      Delete