Sunday, July 14, 2024

Show #290

Lost in the Tracks
Show #290

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
July 14, 2024
4 PM - 5 PM


Ray Charles - What'd I Say, Parts 1&2
Wanda Jackson - Sticks and Stones
Van Morrison - I’m Movin’ On

Soccer Mommy - Lost
Gladie - Nothing
The Lemonheads - Into Your Arms
The Remains - Don't Look Back
Rod Stewart - Handbags And Gladrags
Elton John - Tell Me When the Whistle Blows
Still Corners - Crying

Del Amitri - Here and Now
The Gaylettes - Son of a Preacher Man
King Khan & The Shrines - Luckiest Man
case/lang/veirs - Best Kept Secret
Alejandro Escovedo - Ballad Of The Sun And The Moon


Show Notes

You can find the Rockin' The Suburbs Del Amitri episodes here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the kind words about our RTS episodes, Dean. It makes me happy that you were able to connect with their music again and find things to enjoy. Speaking of enjoying, I really dug that Still Corners tune. Great to hear King Khan & The Shrines...wish I still had the files of The Supreme Genius of KK&TS because it's not up on the streaming services. Maybe I'll have to scour the internet for a CD copy. Oh, and thanks for the reminder of how good that case/lang/veirs album is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU! You were a natural, especially on the last episode. I thought the Still Corners song was very creative - an enticing mix of "real" instruments and the electronics. King Khan was new to me. Need to investigate. I'm amazed those three came together on a project. Seemed to inspire several other three-popular-female-singer-songwriters-collaborations that came after.

      Delete