Sunday, November 5, 2023

Show #256

Lost in the Tracks
Show #256

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
November 5, 2023
4 PM - 5 PM



Slim Harpo - Shake Your Hips
Margo Price - Stranger In a Strange Land
Warren Zevon - Backs Turned Looking Down the Path

The Replacements - Nowhere Is My Home
The Who - Time Is Passing
Margo Cilker - Steelhead Trout
Madi Diaz - Same Risk
? and The Mysterians - 96 Tears
Buzzcocks - You Say You Don't Love Me
Marcia Griffiths - Tell Me Now

Amy Speace - Real Love Song
Zach Bryan - Hey Driver (feat. The War and Treaty)
Taj Mahal - The Hoochi Coochi Coo
Bob Dylan - Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
Cat Power - She Belongs to Me
Bright Eyes - Another Travelin' Song


Show Notes

"Nowhere Is My Home" didn't jump out at me, until I heard it on DJ Calc's show.

The recommendation of "Steelhead Trout" and "The Hoochi Coochi Coo" both came courtesy of Charles Hughes on No Fences Review (Cilker and Mahal).

I first heard "Tell Me Now" on the Left of the Dial show.

I discovered "Real Love Song" on Leo Babeu's Across Divides radio show on KTWH.

I gave a chance to "Another Travelin' Song" because Ben recommended it on the Midwest episode of the 50 Years of Music podcast.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Dean.

    I have finally caught up to your first show back. As always, a great selection of music. So good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justin. I'm glad you enjoyed it and appreciate you listening.

      Delete