Sunday, November 19, 2023

Show #258

Lost in the Tracks
Show #258

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
November 19, 2023
4 PM - 5 PM




J.J. Cale - Call Me the Breeze
The Vibrators - Baby Baby
O.N.E The Duo - Feels Good

Green Day - The American Dream Is Killing Me
Tamar Berk - Better off Meditating
Sault - Think About It
Bessie Smith - Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out
Steve Miller Band - Swingtown
Talking Heads - Burning Down the House (Live)
Kacey Musgraves - High Horse

Deanie Parker - I've Got No Time To Lose
Big Star - When My Baby's Beside Me
Josh Rouse - Dressed Up Like Nebraska
Hank Williams - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
Muddy Waters - Rollin' and Tumblin' (Pt. 1)
The Rolling Stones - Rolling Stone Blues
Elisapie - Qimmijuat


Show Notes

No Fences Review recommended "Feels Good", "I've Got No Time To Lose" and "Qimmijuat."

DJ Calc played "Better off Meditating" and "Dressed Up Like Nebraska."

"Think About It" was on Left of the Dial.

Bessie Smith was on my mind after she was featured on the Janis Joplin episode on A History of Rock Music in 500 Songs.

I included "Burning Down the House" after seeing the Stop Making Sense movie at the Fountain Theater.

Correction: During this week's show, I said "Call Me the Breeze" was J. J. Cale's most popular song. I was wrong. The best evidence I could find points to "After Midnight" as his popular song as a performer and "Cocaine" his most popular song as a songwriter, largely because of the Eric Clapton cover. I want to thank Julie Sanchez for challenging the claim. If you find an error, you can present your case by leaving a comment on that show's page here or on Mixcloud.



2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Dean!

    I hadn't heard that version of 'Wild Horses" before and enjoyed it. I recently listened to Josh Rouse's 1972 album, which came later than the one that "Dressed Up Like Nebraska" is on. He had a really good run of albums there and then I lost the thread on his work. I did listen to his latest a couple times last year and need to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked that version of "Wild Horses." Elisapie has a interesting - and very unique - background. I have to admit Josh Rouse is new to me. I'm looking forward to hearing more of his work.

      Delete