Sunday, January 7, 2024

Show #265

Lost in the Tracks
Show #265

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
January 7, 2024
4 PM - 5 PM



Joan Jett - Bad Reputation
Flamin' Groovies - You Tore Me Down
Madonna - Ray of Light

The Libertines - Run Run Run
Low Cut Connie - Don’t Get Fresh with Me
That Dog. - Never Say Never
Wilco - Box Full of Letters
Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
Irma Thomas, Marcia Ball & Tracy Nelson - Sing It

Mick Jagger - Evening Gown
John P. Strohm - Powderkeg
The Bangles - James
Todd Leiter-Weintraub - I Got Nothing
Saint Etienne - Mario's Cafe
Cymande - Bra
Craig Finn - God in Chicago

4 comments:

  1. Hey Dean! Todd LW from Hop on Pop here! Thank you once again for spinning a song of mine! I've been wanting to re-record that one womith a full band for a while. I think I will... next!
    Appreciate the airtime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the great song. Best of luck if and when you decide to do a band version of "I Got Nothing." It works really well as a solo piece.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Dean. Loved the variety as usual. Great to hear That Dog and a lesser-known Bangles track. I don't think I'd ever heard the Cymande song before - thought it was very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Justin. I didn't think I had heard of Cymande either until recently, but I've learned "Bra" got revived in the '90s when it was played in the Crooklyn movie, which I saw. (I don't think it was included on the soundtrack album, which may be why I forgot about it.) But you're right, it is very cool. Glad you enjoyed That Dog and The Bangles too and the show in general. Appreciate you listening!

      Delete