Sunday, January 14, 2024

Show #266

Lost in the Tracks
Show #266

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
January 14, 2024
4 PM - 5 PM



The Mamas & The Papas - Dedicated to the One I Love
The Pipettes - Your Kisses Are Wasted On Me
The Apples In Stereo - Ruby

The Belair Lip Bombs - Stay Or Go
The Plimsouls - Everyday Things
Soul Asylum - Marionette
The Primitives - Way Behind Me
Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - The Tracks Of My Tears
George Harrison - Crackerbox Palace
Lauren Jenkins - Running out of Road

Gabe Lee - Drink The River
Sweet Megg - High on the Mountain
Tennessee Ernie Ford - Sixteen Tons
Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
Etta James - Take It to the Limit
John Mellencamp - Small Town (Acoustic Version)
Rodney Crowell - Forty Winters

4 comments:

  1. So many delights in this hour, Dean. Love hearing Sixteen Tons and Secret Agent Man back to back - took me back to listening on the car radio when I was young and couldn't drive. The Tracks of My Tears too! However, I had never heard Etta James covering The Eagles before...wow, what a performance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin: Sometimes I put songs in the show when they pop up in a couple of different places. "Take It To the Limit" was one of those. I first heard the song when Adam Weiner of Low Cut Connie played it when he was doing a guest DJ segment. The next day, completely unrelated, another host on my radio station played it on her show. That was quite the coincidence! I did wait several weeks, but I knew that was going in my show sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it popped up twice in your life so it could now pop up in mine. I've passed it along to my brother, so the circle expands.

      Delete