Sunday, January 28, 2024

Show #268

Lost in the Tracks
Show #268

Broadcast on KTAL-LP
January 28, 2024
4 PM - 5 PM



The Zombies - She's Not There
Jerry Lee Lewis - High School Confidential
The Beths - Knees Deep

The Lemon Twigs - My Golden Years
The Beatles - Martha My Dear
The Count Bishops - Train Train
The Shangri-Las - The Train from Kansas City
The Interrupters - She's Kerosene
The Raconteurs - Now That You're Gone
The Detroit Cobras - Shout Bamalama
Otis Redding - I've Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)

Dolly Parton - Don't Let It Trouble Your Mind
Zach Bryan - I Remember Everything (feat. Kacey Musgraves)
Gram Parsons - Return of the Grievous Angel
Joni Mitchell - Help Me
William Bell - The House Always Wins
John Prine - My Happiness (feat. Fiona Prine)
Modest Mouse - Missed the Boat

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Dean. While The Lemon Twigs are becoming more hit than miss for me, "My Golden Years" is an immediate hit. Really dug the songs from The Count Bishops too...had never heard it before. And of course, I love The Beths. Great hour of music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justin, I agree with you about The Lemon Twigs. I've always felt like I should like their songs more than I actually do. There was no reservation for me with "My Golden Years". They hit that one out of the park.

      The Count Bishops song is great, isn't it? From what I've read, they were a pub rock band out of England from the mid to late 1970s. I thought I read about it in Peter Jesperson's recent autobiography, but I just did a search for it and couldn't find any mention of it, so I'm not sure what caused me to discover that song, but I'm glad I did.

      Thanks again, Justin. I'm glad you enjoyed the show and shared some thoughts about it.

      Delete