Thursday, December 26, 2024

Show #303 - December 2024 Mix

Lost in the Tracks
Show #303
December 26, 2024


Haley Heynderickx - Mouth of a Flower
Scruffy The Cat - Shadow Boy
The Searchers - Since You Broke My Heart

Beach Bunny - Vertigo
2nd Grade - Instant Nostalgia
Vampire Weekend - Gen-X Cops
Sarah Jarosz - Jealous Moon
The McCoys - Sorrow
The Apples In Stereo - Shine a Light
Joan Shelley - Easy Now
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Stories We Could Tell

Linda Martell - Bad Case of the Blues
Dwight Yoakam - If Only
Leon Russell - Of Thee I Sing
Eugene Church - Sixteen Tons
Paul McCartney - Little Willow
Old-Time Pharmaceuticals - Blessed by the Bridges I Have Burned
Paramore - Last Hope

2 comments:

  1. Well, this was a pleasant surprise. I will be very happy to get one of these every month or two, so please keep them coming. Haven't checked out the new Haley Heyndrickx yet, which I will have to do in January. I don't know much about Leon Russell, but have been eyeing that Janovitz biogaphy (Janovitz is working on one about The Cars, I believe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Javonvitz biography is what inspired the inclusion of the Russell song. It was well written - one thing that I noticed is that he gave the same care to the post-success years as the peak period. Didn't make excuses for it nor did he tried to put an unwarranted shine to it - but helped you understand his thinking even when it wasn't working. The Cars bio will be interesting - it's more challenging to write a cohesive book about five people and am looking forward to finding out how well he pulls it off.

    ReplyDelete